The Waiting Game sucks. Let's play Scattergories.
Almost as soon as I walk in the door after going to my 9:15 interview, another high school calls and wants me to interview that day at 2. What the hell? I'm already in the suit.
So, all told, I had four interviews last week. My first choice (the 7:15 interview, which went well enough that the dept. head gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her if I got an offer and she hadn't called me back yet) hasn't called me yet, although I know it's only halfway through Monday. My second choice has vacillated between the 9:15 interview and the one I did earlier in the week. My absolute last choice was the last interview I did. I'd rather work in a middle school than work there -- the department is competitive and driven and sounds like no fun, the building was "modernized" in 1974, and I would have three preps, including an inclusion class (meaning a "mainstreaming" class, with special needs students -- sorry, I don't do inclusion. My life is inclusive enough). I watched the progress of a cockroach along the floor during my interview.
The 9:15 called at a little before noon today to tell me that they decided to go with someone else, but that I was a very strong candidate and any school would be lucky to have me, yada yada yada. I am now having waking nightmares that no one else will want to hire me and the only offer I'll have is from this School From Hell.
If I chew off my own arm, will it make people decide faster?
So, all told, I had four interviews last week. My first choice (the 7:15 interview, which went well enough that the dept. head gave me her cell phone number and told me to call her if I got an offer and she hadn't called me back yet) hasn't called me yet, although I know it's only halfway through Monday. My second choice has vacillated between the 9:15 interview and the one I did earlier in the week. My absolute last choice was the last interview I did. I'd rather work in a middle school than work there -- the department is competitive and driven and sounds like no fun, the building was "modernized" in 1974, and I would have three preps, including an inclusion class (meaning a "mainstreaming" class, with special needs students -- sorry, I don't do inclusion. My life is inclusive enough). I watched the progress of a cockroach along the floor during my interview.
The 9:15 called at a little before noon today to tell me that they decided to go with someone else, but that I was a very strong candidate and any school would be lucky to have me, yada yada yada. I am now having waking nightmares that no one else will want to hire me and the only offer I'll have is from this School From Hell.
If I chew off my own arm, will it make people decide faster?

2 Comments:
Hey, no worries. If you don't get an offer, you could always spend your fall days bringing your unemployed husband Sweet Tea while he plays futbol on a big-ass TV. And who wouldn't want that.
(best of luck. fingers are crossed.)
watching for an update--good luck.
Post a Comment
<< Home