Brief Updates
1. Still love my job. I really, really loved it when we got three snow days in a row followed by the weekend followed by a holiday. My Class from Hell is still a Class from Hell, but the others are shaping up nicely. I've learned a LOT, mostly about planning and scheduling lesson plans and the importance of being Alpha Dog.
2. The ex-husband, asshat that he is, has filed a suit asking for both visitation and child support to be reduced. Yes, that's right: he is asking a court to give him less time with his children (and along with it, to have the amount of money he pays go down). Court is the first week of April. Oh, and he was also an extreme dick for filing it four days before I was officially a Maryland resident (it takes six months to establish residency), so we have to drive 2 1/2 hours to go to court. We're trying to find a local lawyer to handle it so we don't have to pay our excellent but expensive attorney here for 5 hours of drive time.
3. I had my grad. school interview with Hoppin' John U and was offered a fellowship. So as of May 29th, I'm a full-time Master's degree student, although I will continue teaching during the days until the school year is over (June 15). I will resume teaching in August, at which time I will be issued a conditional teaching certificate. I? Am very excited about this.
4. I have the best husband EVAR. Just saying.
2. The ex-husband, asshat that he is, has filed a suit asking for both visitation and child support to be reduced. Yes, that's right: he is asking a court to give him less time with his children (and along with it, to have the amount of money he pays go down). Court is the first week of April. Oh, and he was also an extreme dick for filing it four days before I was officially a Maryland resident (it takes six months to establish residency), so we have to drive 2 1/2 hours to go to court. We're trying to find a local lawyer to handle it so we don't have to pay our excellent but expensive attorney here for 5 hours of drive time.
3. I had my grad. school interview with Hoppin' John U and was offered a fellowship. So as of May 29th, I'm a full-time Master's degree student, although I will continue teaching during the days until the school year is over (June 15). I will resume teaching in August, at which time I will be issued a conditional teaching certificate. I? Am very excited about this.
4. I have the best husband EVAR. Just saying.

2 Comments:
Who is he?
They call him the "Binder"
Just sayin, is all.
Post a Comment
<< Home