Why I Am Speshul:
It's election day in Virginia.
In the last three days, My Congressman, one of My Senators, Rudy Giuliani, and even George W. Bush called me. They want to remind me to vote for "our friend", Jerry Kilgore.
I knew I'd regret voting Republican in the primary.
Kilgore, who wants to criminalize abortion in cases of rape or incest, if the rape/incest isn't reported to authorities in 7 days; who recently associated his opponent with Adolf Hitler in a Willie Horton-style TV ad; who insists that immigration is something over which Virginia governors have jurisdiction, and who insists that the influx of illegal Hispanic immigrants is intimately tied to gang activity and al-Qaeda cells here in the U.S.; under whose watch as Secretary of Public Safety, jailbreaks increased 300% (and went back down after he left office), and under whose watch the Justice Department felt compelled to launch an investigation into confirmed cases of guards at juvenile facilities beating youths into unconsciousness, and who blamed said probe on (ta-da!) then-President Clinton?
I think probably no. I'm not in love with Tim Kaine, but he's a damn sight better than THAT sack of BushCo. crap.
And tonight, as we traditionally do on Election Night, we will feast on ice cream sundaes front of the television while we watch the returns.
In the last three days, My Congressman, one of My Senators, Rudy Giuliani, and even George W. Bush called me. They want to remind me to vote for "our friend", Jerry Kilgore.
I knew I'd regret voting Republican in the primary.
Kilgore, who wants to criminalize abortion in cases of rape or incest, if the rape/incest isn't reported to authorities in 7 days; who recently associated his opponent with Adolf Hitler in a Willie Horton-style TV ad; who insists that immigration is something over which Virginia governors have jurisdiction, and who insists that the influx of illegal Hispanic immigrants is intimately tied to gang activity and al-Qaeda cells here in the U.S.; under whose watch as Secretary of Public Safety, jailbreaks increased 300% (and went back down after he left office), and under whose watch the Justice Department felt compelled to launch an investigation into confirmed cases of guards at juvenile facilities beating youths into unconsciousness, and who blamed said probe on (ta-da!) then-President Clinton?
I think probably no. I'm not in love with Tim Kaine, but he's a damn sight better than THAT sack of BushCo. crap.
And tonight, as we traditionally do on Election Night, we will feast on ice cream sundaes front of the television while we watch the returns.

6 Comments:
Heh. You said "probe".
Ice Cream makes the returns better?
I'm depressed about my state, it never goes my way.
The ice cream is a reminder that even if the person we wanted to win doesn't win, we still celebrate the fact that we got to vote. All cynicism aside, election day is one of the days that makes America the great country that it is.
You're back! You're back!!! I'm so excited. :) :) :)
Thank you for fighting back fascism one vote at a time.
And don't think you're not being watched from afar, now taht I've been forcibly hooked into the bloggosphere.
As if you didn't get married in Vegas. And I know who was wearing the Elvis outfit . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home