Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Raise your hand...

If you did the limbo today.

*raises hand*

The Boy's first grade class had their end-of-year party today (no, they're not out yet; their last day is Friday), and it was luau-themed. So we limbo'ed. And we hula hooped, and wore flowered leis. And we ate pineapple and coconut and bananas. And there was a piñata Um. Yeah, I'm not sure how that fits in to the luau thing. It's just fun for kids to hit something with a stick.

I was the only mom who did the limbo. Or hula hooped. And I was really disappointed they didn't let the grown-ups try to hit the piñata, after all the kids had tried three times and the damn thing still wouldn't break. The other moms stood calmly in the shade, and seemed not in the least interested in participating. You couldn't pay me enough money to be standing on the sidelines, watching the kids, and making awkward small talk with strangers, when there's a limbo stick and music! How boring.

I had one mom, later, come up and tell me that when I limbo'ed, I looked like I came right out of an Elvis movie. Um, thank you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Buggy said...

How fun!
And the Elvis movie thing? I think that was a compliment

6/22/2005 11:40 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I think she was telling you that you're H.O.T. I think if I attempted to limbo, I'd cause a small earthquake. Oh to be limber...

6/22/2005 5:27 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I'm also picturing you as Ann Margaret.

6/22/2005 5:28 PM  
Blogger ilse said...

Thank Dog for Pilates, is all I'm sayin'.

6/22/2005 10:51 PM  
Blogger Dweeze said...

Pontius Pilates?

6/23/2005 9:07 AM  
Blogger Supes said...

So, where's the pictures?

6/23/2005 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home