Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Bad Ideas

My skin is about the color of whitewash. I was at the Beach Cottage this weekend (my parents'...and when I say cottage, I mean a 1 1/2 bedroom, 800-square-foot thing. In real estate terms, it's "quaint"), and thought I might get a little sun. I don the bathing suit, I put suncreen all over, shoulders, neck, arms, tummy, lower back, legs, face. Yep, that's all I need, right?

I wound up with sunburn in an 8 x 6 inch area on my upper back. Because I was sunning on my stomach. It *still* hurts. At least it's not peeling.

I also pick at scabs. I know it causes scars, and sometimes it bleeds. But I do it anyway. New half-year resolution: no more picking at scabs.

I've quit exercising in favor of reading accounting textbooks. There's a healthy tradeoff.

That reminds me: I'm going to go put my security badge by my keys right. now. so I don't forget it again. It sure would be nice to occasionally leave the 5th floor at work. I had to borrow my boss's pass today. Note to self: write about boss soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dweeze said...

Am I crazy or was there a post about slam books here earlier?

6/16/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger Dweeze said...

And no, those aren't mutually exclusive.

6/16/2005 9:00 AM  
Blogger ilse said...

Dweeze: No, there was. It was deleted as part of the "no picking at scabs" blanket resolution.

Wheezus: remember it? I still have the tan lines from it!

6/16/2005 12:09 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I can't remember the last time I had a scab to pick. Hmmmm...

My whole life I was white as a ghost, then, I got a pool. Now I tan almost instantly. It's really weird.

6/16/2005 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home