Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The answer was yes...

Yes, I DID get a pedicure. I left work early on Friday last and headed down to the day spa, where I enjoyed quiet music and a nice hot cup of tea while a nice woman named Tina took care of me. The difficult thing was choosing the color for the toenails -- a whole wall of OPI. I got it narrowed down to three colors I liked, then, to decide, I looked at the names. The first one I looked at was "God Save the Queen's Nails". That was was pretty much a no-brainer.

I'm having a blast in London. A travelogue will be posted soonish.

And, of course, the answer to That Other Question was yes, as well. I mean, it came with a giant hunk of sparkly. How could I say no?

Mmmmmm....sparkly.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dave Clapper said...

A hearty congratulations and the very best of wishes to you and the mister-to-be. I'm very happy for ya. This one's a good 'un.

6/29/2005 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMH!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you both! I am sooooo happy for you! He must be THRILLED about your pedicure. Now he must touch and admire your toes.

Oh yeah, and congrats about the Other Thing too ;)

Muchas smoochas for you both!

Love,
Sal

6/29/2005 11:28 PM  
Blogger Immunegirl said...

Yay!! Congrats on both the lovely color choice and the sparkly. I'm super happy for you both.

6/30/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Ooohhh, nice color. Good you can wear it.

Best wishes on that other thing. One of these days I'll have to view the sparkly. Cause all sparkly is good.

(Now back to what's important.) So did you hate the ped? Or not? Or ??? Details, woman!

6/30/2005 11:05 AM  
Blogger Jolene said...

Congrats! I am still afraid of pedicures, so I admire your courage. And of course the Other Thing too! :)

6/30/2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

I'm so happy!
BEST!
Ooooo I can't wait to see the big sparkly!

( so I was thinking of a pedicure for my birthday, now I'm going to be disapointed if I don't get something shiney to go with it)

6/30/2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

Mmmmmmmmm, London. I mean sparkly!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

6/30/2005 11:22 PM  
Blogger ilse said...

I can get away with the color on my toes. I don't think I could pull it off on my fingernails; it's too dark.

There will be little viewing of the sparkly whilst we get it re-sized. Zander was considerably too optimistic about how tiny I am. The ring only fits on my pinkie.

The ped was considerably better than the last one I got. Sugar scrub, oil, and massage from the knees down was lovely. I had a little trouble with the pumice stone -- she filed a little too long for my taste, but when I grimaced and said that it hurt a bit, she stopped, and was gentler with the other foot. I can certainly see what all the fuss is about now :)

7/01/2005 3:10 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Congrats...the sparkly bling is always fun to get!

Glad London is treating you two well.

7/01/2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

OMG!!!!11111

Really, congrats. So happy for you!

7/01/2005 5:26 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Wonderful news. *hugs* to you both. I'll put on a fresh coat of Abbey Rose just to celebrate.

7/12/2005 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home