Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy T'giving!

The plans were to leave for the parents' abode by about 9:30. Figured that meant we should be getting up around 8. I didn't set an alarm, as I figured that my kids would wake me up WAY before that.

I figured wrong. Bamm-Bamm's noises didn't start until 8:45. And I have to run a load of wet laundry through the dryer before we can leave. And dishes. And finish packing. Oh well. If those are the worst problems I have this week, I'm doing well.

DataBoy came home yesterday with a "Thankful Thoughts" paper he wrote for school:

I am thankful for my family. Because I love them. My mom helps me with homework and works puzzles with me. I like to wrestle with my brother. My dad takes me to special places like 7-11. I am also thankful for food. I like turkey, peas, and mash potatos Because they are nutrishes. Candy is pretty good too.

Last Thanksgiving, I spent the day with Zander by the pool in Fort Lauderdale, with waitresses bringing us frozen drinks and cheesesticks, and taking occasional breaks for football. Best.Thanksgiving.Ever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Buggy said...

We were suppossed to leave around 8:30, it's almost 10.
Oh well, the folks will be there when we get there.

LOL at 7-11!

Love and warm thoughts to you all!

11/24/2005 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He lies. His dad takes him to way better places, like Circle K and Bojangles, too.

And as for wrestling his brother, if Bam-Bam so much as touches him, Databoy screeches like he's been boiled in sulfuric acid.

11/29/2005 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, my boy and I -- haven't come up with a cute name for him yet but something will be suggested 'ere long, I am sure -- were going to see the Caps play some hockey. We're riding on the green line to pick up the tix from the Buffalo, who is the fischnizzle of scoring good things like tix. Anyway -- to the cuteness story. We're on the metro, and playing games and singing songs, stuff like that you know, and we start to fillip each other.

Don't know what "fillip" means? You do, though you don't know the word. Make a circle with your index finger and thumb, and then smack someone with the index finger. You've just executed the textbook "fillip."

So -- Oh, its got to be Agent J, that's my boy -- Agent J goes to me "Dad, dad! Fillip my butt so I can say Ow!"

I can barely contain my laughter. This, of course, only encourages him, and it is only by changing th subject to popcorn and hotdogs and other delights to be had at the MCI center that I get him off the subject.

Then, as we're getting off the metro, he says "Hey Dad, can I fillip your butt?"

I'm told that social services will return Agent J as soon as they look up the word "fillip" in a dictionary . . .

11/30/2005 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home