Didn't we bomb them?
So, after another long hiatus, I'm back.
So far the big news is that, after begging to be tested, I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, an autoimmune disorder in which your body makes antibodies against your thyroid gland. I think this explains why I've had a slightly swollen lymph node in my neck for the last six months. I've been on thyroid replacement drugs since DataBoy was born, but the docs just figured it was an aftereffect of pregnancy and would go away at some point. Guess not.
So it's back to experimenting with drug doses until we find the one that works without making me an insomniac heart patient.
In other news, it's raining. It's been raining since Friday. In the last five days, we've picked up over a foot of rain, which is more than we usually get over the course of a typical summer. It took me nearly 2 hours yesterday to get from work to daycare (a trip that usually takes 45 minutes) because of the number of road closures and accidents.
In other other news, the move is impending. The task of decluttering my apartment in preparation to pack is both exciting and daunting. My darling husband was, last weekend, making fun of my methodology of placing furniture: scale drawings of the rooms on graph paper, along with little cutouts of the general footprints of the furniture (also to scale, of course). I can't be the only who does this, can I?
So far the big news is that, after begging to be tested, I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, an autoimmune disorder in which your body makes antibodies against your thyroid gland. I think this explains why I've had a slightly swollen lymph node in my neck for the last six months. I've been on thyroid replacement drugs since DataBoy was born, but the docs just figured it was an aftereffect of pregnancy and would go away at some point. Guess not.
So it's back to experimenting with drug doses until we find the one that works without making me an insomniac heart patient.
In other news, it's raining. It's been raining since Friday. In the last five days, we've picked up over a foot of rain, which is more than we usually get over the course of a typical summer. It took me nearly 2 hours yesterday to get from work to daycare (a trip that usually takes 45 minutes) because of the number of road closures and accidents.
In other other news, the move is impending. The task of decluttering my apartment in preparation to pack is both exciting and daunting. My darling husband was, last weekend, making fun of my methodology of placing furniture: scale drawings of the rooms on graph paper, along with little cutouts of the general footprints of the furniture (also to scale, of course). I can't be the only who does this, can I?

7 Comments:
experimental drugs can be good. I mean bad. Drugs are baaaad. (/Mr. Mackey) Hope they work.
and I? also do the furniture/graph paper thingy. big surprise.
Less than a month now...
It wasn't the scale cutouts that bothered me so much as the not-to-scale, limbs-askew Barbie dolls lounging on the map of the bedroom.
Yeah...yeah, you're the only one who does that. Goth just wanted to make you feel better about it.
I accept patronizing reassurances as a form of love.
you're back! I'm so happy.
I think the whole paper idea is grand, but I'd never get it right--my couch would end up being the size of a toybox and the toybox would be the size of a king size bed and I'd end up allowing like 5 inches for the doorway, but think that I'd allowed 3 feet. Me? Not so good with the mathmematical.
I can't answer because I'd have to admit that I can eyeball furniture size within 1/2 inch.
yay! I'm glad you're back (although I am obviously slow on the uptake). And you even threw in some immunology to make me feel at home. :)
As far as furniture...I think I'd have to have furniture that wasn't hand-me-down before I can answer that question.
Post a Comment
<< Home